Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Gear Review: Women's Apparel by Patagonia

I'll be honest. I'm a slave for Patagonia. Below, you'll find an unsolicited review of their best spring items, now available at NOC's Outfitter's Store. I must say that the fact that I can ride my bike to a place that carries Patagonia makes up for the fact that I'm 90 minutes away from the nearest sushi joint.

Let's begin front and center with the MORNING GLORY HALTER TOP & DRESS. The top is a favorite of yoga types, and it’s easy to understand why: secure comfort without ties or fasteners. Stretchy fabric forms to your body to keep everything in place no matter what activity you’re into at the moment. Falling at the hip, this top just as easily pairs with jeans for less technical outings, like shopping the funky boutiques in downtown Asheville. The dress has been an Outfitter’s Store best seller for two years running.


Pictured at the bottom right of the above frame, you'll see the KAMALA SKIRT, in the softest, breeziest cotton you've ever imagined and engineered to pull double duty as a skirt or dress. For a post-paddling cervecita at The Pourover, pull on the skirt for low-slung comfort and style. Pulled up as a bandeau or halter dress, the Kamala is really working out for me as a cool frock for dance classes. Length is still modest when worn as a dress. The economy is making versatility a necessity, and thankfully, the Kamala's got it.


I’m a professed foe of the pedal pusher. Instead, I frequently find myself nerd-ily rolling up my pantcuffs. Enter a solution; the SUPER-CALI SHORTS. A perfect length, the shorts are low slung and roomy. While they contain adventure clothing bells and whistles, they refrain from broadcasting my membership in the “I’m Outdoorsy” club. The Super-Calis are great for photo day on the Cheoah River, where photogs like myself bike ride a Class IV road beside a Class V river, in between bursts of kudzu dodging and photo snapping.


Finally, let's take a look at my favorite item, the BHANDA DRESS. It’s almost as if Patagonia designed this dress specifically for me—a gem that every active woman (or any woman who doesn’t like to fuss too much over clothes) should own. Going to the Biltmore Estate Winery? Get your Bhanda Dress. You can even stuff it in a backpack and pull it out, prĂȘt-a-porter with ZERO wrinkles. It’s amazing. The nice long line adds length, and the gathered, twisted bodice flatters almost any shape.

Also available in the Outfitter’s Store from Patagonia: sport-friendly undergarments, Capilene base layers, Baggies shorts and men’s favorite items.

No comments:

Post a Comment